Ageas is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel with a Belgian Master in Law degree and at least 5 years of experience in contract and company law. The Senior legal counsel will provide legal advice and support to the Group.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work for a BEL20 listed company with brand new headquarters in Brussels;
- The prospect of further developing your skills and to be part of a great team at a Top employer in Belgium;
- A dynamic, multicultural working environment with a strong international flavor;
- A corporate culture where you are encouraged to share your views and opinions;
- A flat organizational structure with close collaboration and communication with management and cross-departments;
- An extensive range of learning & development opportunities;
- An interesting and extensive salary package (including meal vouchers, eco vouchers, hospitalization, disability and group insurance, additional child benefit, mobile allowance and intervention in the internet reimbursement);
- The possibility to optimize part of your salary package through a flexible income plan;
- The possibility of (maximum 50%) home working.
What your future may hold
As a Senior Legal Counsel at Ageas SA/NV, the Group top holding, you will be part of the legal team responsible for providing legal advice and support to the Group.
Your responsibilities will be varied and will mainly include the following:
- You will be responsible for drafting a diverse range of contracts at holding level, from supplier contracts to strategic and complex intra-group agreements, putting your legal skills to the service of our internal clients to deliver sound legal advice with a hands on approach, with a full understanding of the requirements of the business. You will also contribute to the contract negotiations by joining our internal clients in meetings with potential service providers;
- Your role in sustainability matters will involve providing legal advice and regulatory support to the sustainability team on ESG matters;
- You will stay up-to-date with the latest legal and regulatory developments relevant for Ageas, including sector-specific regulations. You will also monitor relevant emerging regulations, prepare memo’s and give internal presentations about upcoming rules and regulations and the implementation thereof within Ageas;
- You will also occasionally follow up on litigation procedures, together with external counsel and management;
- You will assist in international IP related issues;
- You will review internal procedures and policies from a legal perspective and make them as hands-on as possible;
- You will provide ad hoc legal advice to internal clients on various legal and regulatory topics relevant for Ageas;
- You may be asked to take short business trips.
You will report to the Group Head of Legal.
- You have obtained a Belgian Master in Law degree;
- You have acquired at least 7 years of experience in a reputable law firm or with the in-house legal department of a significant player. Experience in the financial services or insurance sector, and/or with issuers listed on a stock exchange is a plus;
- You have a strong working knowledge of English and French and/or Dutch (both orally and in writing);
- You have a profound knowledge of contract law and company law in the broadest sense, and thoroughly understand the legal implications of Ageas's status as a listed company;
- You are a smart, energetic and enthusiastic person who likes to constantly delve into new legal topics, both in breadth and depth;
- You are a team player who enjoys sharing knowledge and working with others within and outside of the legal department.
Ageas is a listed international insurance Group with a heritage spanning close to 200 years. It offers Retail and Business customers Life and Non-Life insurance products, and Ageas is also engaged in reinsurance activities.
Its customers are at the heart of its business, and its products and services are designed to anticipate, manage, and cover its risks through a wide range of solutions designed for their needs, both today and in the future.
As one of Europe's larger insurance group, Ageas concentrates its activities in Europe and Asia, which together make up the major part of the global insurance market. It operates successful insurance businesses in 13 countries (Belgium, the UK, Portugal, Turkey, China, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, and the Philippines) through a combination of wholly owned subsidiaries and long-term partnerships with strong financial institutions and key distributors.
Ageas ranks among the market leaders in the countries in which it operates. Every day, more than 45,000 skilled and committed employees are at the service of nearly 45 million customers.
Ageas has at its foundation a set of core values - Care, Dare, Deliver, and Share – representing who Ageas is and how it works. Ageas has been re-certified as Top Employer in 2023, standing out in particular for its career opportunities, continuous learning & development, sustainability and strong employee empowerment.
Apply immediately via the website or contact Fien Stepman for more information.
Contact Fien by mail: email@example.com or call +32 486 92 94 38.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for legal & HR talent.