FANC/AFCN is looking for an experienced legal counsel with particular interest in the nuclear sector, experience in litigation and willing to reinforce its legal team. Candidates should be able to work autonomously and are offered the possibility to follow specific training courses and can work in a hybrid working environment.
In view of supporting its important role, the FANC is looking for a legal counsel in order to reinforce its legal team.
What’s in it for you?
- You work within an enthusiastic, dynamic team of professionals.
- You get the opportunity to learn and develop your legal knowledge in the specific field of litigation.
- You receive a competitive salary, completed with fringe benefits.
- You have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment.
- You have the possibility to follow training courses.
- You are granted the opportunity to business travels to Paris and Vienna.
What your future may hold
As legal counsel at FANC
- You contribute to drafting or coordinating the drafting of new regulations in order to obtain a coherent regulatory framework for protection against the dangers of ionising radiation as well as for the functioning of the FANC as an organization.
- You provide legal advice in order to ensure correct application of legislation within the organisation as well as by third parties.
- You defend the Agency in legal disputes in order to limit potential financial and image damage.
- You represent the contractual interests of FANC by drafting or verifying contracts and specifications.
- You are a legal contact person within the FANC. You provide legal information in order to explain the regulations applicable to the FANC to FANC/Bel V staff members, this can take the form of training courses, vademecums, etc
- There are optional areas of responsibility in supporting the Board Secretariat/Strategic Committee/Audit Committee.
- You will report to the Head of the Legal and Translation Unit.
- You hold a Belgian master's degree in law and have a good knowledge of administrative law, including public procurement law, and environmental law, as well as knowledge of or interest in social legislation within the public and private sector.
- You are fluent in Dutch or French and have good knowledge of English and the other national language.
- You have experience of project work in multidisciplinary contexts.
- You can work autonomously and are able to make decisions based on (in)complete information, a good assessment of risks and taking targeted actions to implement the decisions.
- You can handle, analyse and integrate legal information and procedures in the existing context.
- You have a focus on service-oriented action, advising stakeholders and building relationships.
The Federal Agency for Nuclear Control (FANC) has the mission to protect the population, workers and the environment against the dangers of ionising radiation. FANC fulfils its mission in line with 3 fundamental values: responsibility, respect and integrity.
- by committing to its activities in an independent and transparent way striving for continuous improvement;
- by clarifying its expectations, taking the appropriate initiatives and acting proactively in the interest of society, taking into account the degree of risk ('graded approach');
- by taking the necessary decisions in its area of competence in a consistent and proportionate manner.
- by working respectfully with colleagues and stakeholders;
- by engaging in constructive, open and honest dialogue with attention to each internal and external interlocutor;
- by creating a positive climate for transversal cooperation in which everyone takes responsibility and has the opportunity to express their opinions.
- by promoting FANC's mission in a selfless manner;
- by challenging itself to set an example every day;
- by guaranteeing its services in a reliable and conscientious manner.
Apply immediately via the website or contact Paulien Stuer for more information.
Contact Paulien by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 474 84 53 14.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for legal & HR talent.