Shurgard is the largest developer, owner and operator of self-storage in Europe. To further their continued growth and success, they are now looking for an additional legal counsel.
What’s in it for you?
- You will become part of an international and publicly listed company with presence in Belgium France, Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom, Germany and Denmark.
- Exposure to senior management.
- A dynamic, fast-paced and multicultural working environment.
- An extensive range of learning & development, including a great onboarding plan during the first 6 months.
- The opportunity for occasional business travel.
- An interesting and competitive salary package.
- A corporate culture where you are encouraged to share your views and opinions.
What your future may hold
As a Legal Counsel within Shurgard:
- You will be part of the legal team, currently consisting of a General Counsel and two Senior Lawyers.
- You design and implement policies, processes and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with all statutory obligations, in particular those governing listed companies.
- You advise all entities of the Shurgard group on a variety of legal matters, including but not limited to: corporate, regulatory compliance, ESG, GDPR, Consumer law, real estate, M&A and HR matters.
- You review operational procedures in the different countries and assist in creating or updating standard contracts and procedures.
- You develop and maintain excellent and open professional relationships between the legal department and other departments within Shurgard.
- You handle relationships with outside suppliers of legal services, including negotiating rates and discounts.
- You handle disputes and support external counsel in litigation.
- You can take responsibility for a wide variety of projects in various areas of law.
- You are responsible for assuring full transparency on the legal risks that the Company runs by communicating these proactively and on an ongoing basis to the General Counsel and the relevant business partners.
- You help and collaborate on all legal issues which are relevant to the senior management, the European Support Center, the local Shurgard markets and the shareholders of the listed entity.
- You initially report to the General Counsel.
Your skill set
- You hold a European master’s degree in Law.
- You have at least 8 years of professional experience in commercial law and/or litigation at an international business law firm or a multinational (preferably listed) company.
- You have a fluent working knowledge of English, written and spoken.
- You have a good knowledge of French and/or Dutch. Knowledge of any other language (German, Swedish, Danish) is considered as an asset.
- You are a strong communicator and are able to communicate effectively with all levels within and outside of the company.
- You are customer focused, solution oriented and ensure timely follow-up with a sense of urgency.
- You demonstrate business awareness.
- You are a team player and able to work independently and on own initiative.
- You actively seek opportunities for self-development and learning.
- You show flexibility and are open to change.
- You are open and flexible to travel from time to time.
With more than 700 employees and over 260 stores across seven European countries (France, Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany and Denmark), Shurgard is the largest developer, owner and operator of self-storage in Europe.
Apply immediately via the website or contact Kathleen Peirsman for more information.
Contact Kathleen by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 473 49 71 80.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for legal & HR talent.