Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is a top-tier leading international law firm. To sustain its growth, Freshfields' Brussels office currently has an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is keen to be responsible for know-how across various practice areas and work with the lawyers in the Belgian practice directly.
What’s in it for you?
- Join the Brussels office of a top-tier leading international law firm and be part of a global team.
- Ensure you, the team and the clients are updated on relevant legal developments in company and commercial law as well as civil procedure.
- Work across various practice areas, including M&A, joint ventures, capital markets, listed companies, litigation and commercial contracts.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the global knowledge function, exchanging and sharing knowledge with them.
- Choose to challenge yourself, with the culture and freedom to develop in an international setting.
- Thrive in a first-class and inspiring working environment.
- Connect globally, as you will have the opportunity to work in cross-border and cross-functional teams, giving you the chance to experience new cultures, places and ideas.
- Meet great people and work with motivated colleagues on various interesting projects.
What your future may hold
As a Knowledge Lawyer within the Belgian practice of Freshfields’ Brussels office you will be responsible for know-how across Belgian and international practices. You will work with the lawyers in the Belgian practice directly and collaborate with colleagues on firmwide or cross-practice projects.
Your role will be to:
- Capture know-how while monitoring Belgian and European legal developments, relevant case law, and doctrine.
- Develop, collate and maintain internal knowledge collections, while also understanding and managing the available external databases and resources.
- Share know-how by contributing to updates, insights, and commentary on legal and regulatory developments.
- Help your colleagues orient their searches, including guiding them to the available internal or external resources, and responding to queries
- Help organise internal trainings and resources and as time evolves, give internal and external trainings.
- You obtained a Master in Law and have a strong interest in business law.
- You are capable of building good work relationships and you can use your excellent communication skills to liaise with colleagues.
- You possess excellent legal research skills and you are able to understand, abstract and disseminate key information about relevant know-how.
- You are confident, self-motivated and like to show initiative within your team.
- You are proficient in English, French and Dutch.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is a global law firm with a long-standing track record of successfully supporting the world’s leading national and multinational corporations, financial institutions, and governments on ground-breaking and business critical mandates.
At Freshfields they seek to create a better future for their clients, their people and the communities in which they live and work. They value diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone feel they can belong, engage and excel.
Apply immediately via the website or contact Clara Creve for more information.
Contact Clara by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 496 78 48 03.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for legal & HR talent.