Solvay is a well known and international science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. In order to support its growth and in order to face the juridical challenges that it encounters on a regular basis, Solvay is now looking for a Senior Legal Counsel Corporate Governance.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work for an international and renowned company with exciting projects.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- The opportunity to work for a publicly listed company.
- The possibility to grow and develop yourself under the mentorship of an experienced Deputy General Counsel.
- A unique opportunity to contribute to the new Solvay project at a key momentum.
- You will be part of a robust, ambitious and engaged team.
What your future may hold
As Legal Counsel Corporate Governance at Solvay, you will:
- Provide legal advice and manage files relating to company law, financial law, commercial law and to the governance aspects of the holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Provide legal advice on and ensure corporate housekeeping for the holding company: organization of general meetings, coordination of articles of association, drafting or review of annual reports, minutes, internal governance, delegations of powers, etc.
- Provide and draft opinions on company, financial (capital markets transactions) and commercial laws, with a specific focus on listed company regulations, including but not limited to regulatory reporting, prevention of market abuse and conflicts of interest, CSRD, etc.
- Advise on commercial contracts (intra-group management agreements, agreements with service providers, confidentiality agreements, etc.).
- Draft and review corporate documents such as deeds, official reports and other corporate documents under private seal or notarised.
- Proactively monitor developments in related legal matters (regulatory watch) and suggest/ draw up procedures to comply with them, when necessary.
- Work in close collaboration with your colleagues within the Legal function or from other Solvay Teams (Group Finance and IR, Group Communication, Group HR, Group CSR, etc.) and, where appropriate, in interaction with external stakeholders (lawyers, notaries, supervisory authorities, administrations, counterparties, etc.).
- Participate in working groups with external stakeholders (legal associations and/or cross-sector legal working groups).
- Law Degree from a well-respected, accredited Belgian university.
- In-depth knowledge of law, including but not limited to corporate law, financial law, contract law, civil law; experience in Belgium civil litigation procedural law and labor law is a plus.
- Around 10 years of experience as an in-house counsel or as a lawyer specializing in the above-mentioned fields.
- Extensive working experience as a Corporate Counsel (Governance).
- Expertise in public market regulations, company law and financial law.
- Strong analytical skills and pragmatic business approach.
- Practical decision-making skills in a real-time environment.
- Able to organize yourself independently, you will proactively identify legal issues and propose solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a complex and evolving environment
- Like to work in a team and enjoy sharing knowledge whilst being able to work independently and take on responsibilities.
- Fluent in English and active knowledge of French and/or Dutch; knowledge of other languages is plus.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Its purpose—they bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, the aim is to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet.
Solvay bonds with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, it brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on its innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
Apply immediately via the website or contact Kathleen Peirsman for more information. Contact Kathleen by mail: email@example.com or call +32 473 49 71 80.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for legal & HR talent.