Euroclear is hiring a senior legal advisor with minimum 12 years of relevant experience in the capital markets and/or the financial industry and with a perfect command of English. The senior legal advisor will join Euroclear's legal team in Brussels, mainly focusing on supporting projects aimed at expanding and enhancing Euroclear Bank’s services.
What’s in it for you?
- Work at the headquarters of a global business, influencing global and financial market stability and efficiency;
- Have an impact on the heart of the banking and financial sector;
- Thrive in a vibrant and truly inspiring multicultural company;
- Enjoy numerous opportunities to learn and grow as a professional;
- Sharpen your legal skills in a highly professional international environment, with a strong emphasis on knowledge sharing and training;
- Join a dynamic and diverse team of lawyers, fostering a great team spirit;
- Find your own optimal balance within Euroclear’s hybrid working model, offering both office and remote options;
- On top of that, Euroclear offers you an interesting salary package with fringe benefits.
What your future may hold
As a member of the legal division of the Euroclear group holding company and, in particular, as a member of the Euroclear Bank Core legal team, you will provide legal support to Euroclear Bank.
Your main responsibilities will be to provide legal advice and support on a wide range of matters and to handle legal and regulatory issues related to the operations of and services provided by Euroclear Bank, focusing on Euroclear Bank's global custody services, new issuances, fund services and asset servicing. You will mainly support Euroclear Bank’s operational departments (across business lines) and its network management team. You will do so in close collaboration with business clients and other lawyers.
You will mainly support projects aimed at expanding and enhancing Euroclear Bank’s services, with an emphasis on extending the geographical scope of services and the roll-out of its funds strategy.
As senior legal advisor within the Euroclear Bank Core legal team, your tasks will further include:
- advising (internal) clients and management on the applicable legal framework in and outside Europe with an emphasis on asset protection, securities, funds and capital market regulations;
- contributing to the creation and enhancement of services offered by Euroclear Bank: from conceptualisation, documentation and delivery in production to a continuous evolution of services in an ever-changing environment;
- providing general legal support to the internal clients ranging from client onboarding, handling of claims and punctual questions in a multi-jurisdictional context;
- drafting and negotiating contracts with counterparts (custody and cash correspondent agreements, NDAs and agreements with local central securities depositories, service providers, etc.) and clients;
- cooperating with other lawyers of the legal division on matters relevant for one or more entities of the Euroclear Group;
- building and providing training and guidance to Euroclear staff on legal matters.
- You hold a European Master’s degree in Law;
- You have at least 12 years of relevant experience in the funds industry, international capital markets, and/or the financial sector, gained in an in-house legal division of a financial institution or in a law firm;
- You are fluent in English;
- You possess strong legal analytical skills;
- You consistently deliver high quality legal advice and support in a multi-jurisdictional and challenging environment, in a timely, pragmatic, cost efficient and effective way;
- You are eager to learn and willing to build a solid understanding of the business;
- You excel in communication, effectively interacting with business partners, and have a talent for clear and concise communication;
- You foster a positive and collaborative work environment as a dedicated team player;
- You demonstrate leadership qualities by proactively identifying and solving problems, fostering creative, out-of-the-box approaches.
Euroclear is a global and trusted provider of financial market infrastructure (FMI) services. At the core, Euroclear provides settlement, safe-keeping and servicing of domestic and cross-border securities, from bonds, equities and derivatives to investment funds. Euroclear connects over 2,000 financial institutions across the globe. As an open and resilient infrastructure, Euroclear contributes to the stability of the financial markets. They help clients cut through complexity, lower costs, and mitigate risks of financial transactions. At Euroclear, they have the clear ambition to use their key role to facilitate and accelerate a sustainable global financial system.
Euroclear is a people-oriented organisation with a renowned reputation in the global markets. With over 4,000 people based around the world, Euroclear has a culture of high performance and continuous development where every employee can grow and thrive.
Apply immediately via the website or contact Fien Stepman for more information.
Contact Fien by mail: email@example.com or call +32 486 92 94 38.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for legal & HR talent.